View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
So interesting question...docks and such. They are beyond the high water marker. How does that work?
You can always tell the courteous boaters by where they will park in respect to others property.
Me I’d never park where I wouldn’t want someone parking if I owned property on the lake.
That being said there are also quite a few landowners who bring on their own grief in the way they treat others.
I’ve seen both sides of the coin and there have been many threads over the years pertaining to this subject.
As for docks, think of it as your car parked on a public road. Yes you own the car but not the area where you have it parked. The dock is private property and it is illegal for another person to come aboard the raft.
Sometimes boaters will stop in an isolated spot thinking no one is home; sometimes a simple hi will move the boater on as they realize someone is home.
In the same instance a boater who is threatened can come back with others and hang out just to make a point, or worse. Remember a boater may not know who you are, but they know where you live!