View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #1034
Steveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
For the record, the report provided on WMUR is not correct. Sadly, they often get their stories mixed up, as they did in this instance. Trooper Taylor was, in fact, on the side of the road, and was observing the vehicle from a position outside his cruiser. It is for this reason that he was able to so carefully observe. It is also the reason he yelled for her to pull over - instead of using lights or siren. The facts are much more clearly spelled out in the articles published in both The Citizen, and The Laconia Daily Sun.
That is not how I interpret the Citizen's report:

Taylor's report states he was parked in a crossover on Interstate 93 conducting speed enforcement when he saw Blizzard's black 2007 GMC Yukon with the vanity plate "XTREME" in the passing lane, traveling at a high rate of speed, passing cars that were in the travel lane. He said he clocked the vehicle traveling at 84 mph. As he continued to watch the vehicle, Taylor observed it move to the travel lane without signaling. He said he stepped into the high-speed lane and waved his arms to slow traffic and when Blizzard's vehicle passed he observed the driver was holding a cell phone in her right hand and holding it up to her ear.

"I observed her quickly hold the phone out, look at it and then put it back to her ear," Taylor wrote in his report that was filled with Carroll's motion.

"Realizing the operator was not paying attention, I jumped back so as not to be struck by her vehicle and yelled at the top of my voice to 'Pull Over,' while motioning with my arms for her to do so," Taylor wrote.

1. He was parked in a "crossover" which is in the median so that authorized vehicles can get to other north or southbound lanes.

2. When Taylor first saw her she was in high speed lane

3. She then moved to the travel lane without signaling

4. Taylor then walked onto the high speed lane to signal Erica

5. He observed her with her cell phone and that she was not paying attention.

6. He jumped back on to the median when she went by. I have to assume she was still in the travel lane but Taylor was still worried she might drift into his lane due to lack of attentiveness.

7. He yelled and she stopped

8. I have to assume he got in his cruiser and drove to where Erica stopped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo For This Useful Post: