View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #17
GenericG

Default NRZ ragged

Greetings forum! Long time first time.

Does anybody know the procedure to speak/vote/petition AGAINST this proposed NRZ at ragged? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this NRZ as outlined (which would prohibit any anchoring within 150 ft of shore) would render the entire sandbar on the east side of ragged Island almost unusable for most people.

I oppose this nrz (and most NRZs) as ragged island Sandbar is a great spot for many people to enjoy the lake. also, as we all know, lake Winnipesaukee (and most bodies of water in nh) are owned by the people...not a select group of abutting landowners.

We all understand the challenges that come with having many people at ragged... Especially with the recent exponential growth of boat ownership and lake traffic. But if laws are being broken and individuals are behaving in an unsafe manner those issues need to be addressed directly, not by prohibiting use of a public resource. Creating a NRZ is not curbing illicit activity, it's merely "kicking the can down the road" for the next homeowner along the shoreline to deal with.

I think if any of us enjoy using the sandbar at ragged Island we need to act now before this petition is set in stone.
GenericG is offline   Reply With Quote