View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #70
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
"We" are not speculating. I am speaking of known facts and pointing out where your speculation does not agree with the facts.

You are the only one speculating, and doing so with a lack of information and distortion of the actual facts. Among other errors, the accused (Murray) never stated that the Chief was setting aside complaints. Murray said that there was no point in going to the police because of his relationship with the Chief. You turned that into the accused stating the chief was setting aside complaints, and added the possibility of official oppression.

At this point, what is known is the Chief may have had a relationship with Murray. That is all. There has been no public accusation of anything illegal on the part of the Chief. Turning that into liability for the town is, at this time, a stretch. More information will certainly come out as the legal process continues.
No. If you read the posts... different people posted on what might be the reason for his resignation.

Since it isn't his sexuality... and no one can think of a good reason... I speculated that he may have had some insight into rumors, and failure to pass those to other authorities would be official oppression.

So far. No one has come up with any reason that he would resign. People knew he was homosexual. He isn't the first official, even a local police chief to have an adulterous affair... not even news around here... and the only time it has been news is when the official failed their duty.

Even a misdemeanor conviction against a police officer is not that unusual... so I am open minded as to what it may be.

Personally, I don't think it is any more of a stretch than the silent partner sisters. They didn't commit the claimed acts; we don't even know if they had heard any rumors or had any knowledge of it.

What we know is that well is only so deep, and we don't know what property was pledged in support of the bank note. Was it just the marina, or did it include homes and other property?

The chief's resignation seems odd with the history that we have around here.