Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #77
Trail Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
IMHO.... I think its pretty idiotic of the city to spend $40K and "commission a study" to see if its worthwhile to to put a viable, contributing business... out of business. That is just moronic. Perhaps we should commission a study that would lengthen the Laconia Airport Runways and put Patrick's out of business?

I do like the premise of the WOW trail... and they did a nice job on the other sections of the trail. However, they need to co-exist with the railroad just like in the other trail sections. If it costs more $$$ to build, so what? Deal with it.

I get the Southdown (and other Property owners) objections, but its a State owned ROW... that already becomes a public thoroughfare from Dec 15th thru spring. I think they both need to come to the table, and make a deal both side can live with. A pretty post & beam fence like the other sections would not look bad. Rerouting the trail off of state owned property is silly, especially if its done just because some wealthy private community decides to go NIMBY...

Woodsy
It looks even worse considering the study was supposed to be paid for by donations that the WOW trail was supposed to raise. I guess the voters in the city had no say in whether or not the city should spend that kind of tax payer money. Had this spending gone before the voters, I bet it would've been defeated.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote