View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
cillovely

Default As a renter

I have rented a few years in a row now, and this will be our third different place this year. So from a renters perspective these are my .02.

The last place we rented from, which sadly we had to switch due to getting a dog and they didn't allow pets, was the best experience I have ever had. She provided all linens, toilet paper, paper towels, spices, cleaning products and just about any other little thing you can think of (straws, coffee filters). TV in every room with cable, DVD players and WIFI (which due to poor cell phone reception was a blessing to stay in contact with home as needed), washer, dryer and dishwahser. They had a paddleboat and two kayaks to use as well.

She had a 3 ring notebook with all the do's and don'ts and all info you may need. Also some menus from local places that some of us renters would add to as we ventured out to different eateries. And another notebook for renters to add comments. Also a little box with a bunch of brochures for things to do like Clarks Trading Post, Storyland, etc.

I have used both HomeAway and VRBO to find the places I've rented from. I can't say which I've used to pick the places we rent, I just try and find what I want and where I want. I would say lots of pictures of the place on the site helps, inside and out.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote