View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I think people are not interested because who wants to sit on a hot metal seat watching cars all going the speed going around in circles 500 times! It’s like some kind of medieval torture!

The first time I went, I questioned my sanity after 50 laps!...never again!

Dan
That is indeed one of the problems facing NHMS... You cook in the stands, and once the field gets spread out, there is really nothing to watch, as they click off the laps...

The Magic mile, is nothing magical.... I have stated for years, that to make racing more exciting in loudon, they need to bank the track... Make it like a larger Bristol.... But as it is, it is simple a boring track to be a spectator at. I think the original idea was that it would be a larger Martinsville.... But with long straight aways the cars get to spread out.... With more banking they would be able to maintain some of that speed throw the corners, (like Bristol)... and overall the racing experience would be far more enjoyable.....