View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by winni83 View Post
Perhaps you could enlighten the hoi polloi and let us know what dining establishments in the Lakes Region, if any, meet your obvious high standards. Maybe a few for breakfast, lunch, dinner and ice cream? It would also help if you could elucidate us on how we can strive to become as knowledgeable in these matters as you are.
Have not found any restaurants in the Lakes Region that come close to NYC standards but there are a number of passible places as one can not go to NYC for less than $1000 and have a decent weekend.

Tons of good places for breakfast as breakfast is the NH meal of choice. But nothing like Norma's in the Hotel Meridian in NYC and I have yet to find a place in the Lakes Region where I can get a decent snowy Nova on a toasted B.

Lunch I generally have breakfast as most of the lunch places never offer a real deli sandwich on real Jewish Rye as that is not found in NH. Nor can you get a real Kaiser Roll just the Bulky which is a sad rendition.
Dinner - Nary a real Chinese Hunan style place, Pizza, The Bayside Grill in Wolfeboro has the best in that area. Because there are no 24 hour diners in the area finding a sandwich after 2-3 pm is a real problem. Roast Beef is Dargin Park in Boston. No Fondue restaurants in the area. No real French restaurants. Mis en Place is not one of them.
Ice Cream - Bailey's Bubble for selection quality and price.

As for knowledge all one has to do is travel outside of NH to learn that there is a real food world out there. NH has improved a bit with the coming of Panera and a few of the Canoe type places but over my 60 years experience with the state it sure is a slow slog.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote