View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #35
CrownRay

I actaully feel safer on Boston Harbor, than I do anywhere on the lake on a busy weekend. I have been boating on the lake for almost 30 years. I would say, the one BIG change is all the PWC's (not that I am against them, they are a blast). Alot of them have no regard to the rules. Granted, alot of them are in fact renters, who spend half an hour on a website to pass a quiz. Thats enough to get them the keys, and away they go!

And yes, there are always the morons on the boat. I was comming back from Center Harbor the other day. You know that section where the 4 markers are...well, there was about 4 of us steaming through. All of the sudden, there was the water's version of a break check! The idot in front of me decides "Oh, this looks like a nice narrow busy channel. What a perfect place to slow down without warning, and consult my chart!" Argh!

Later that night, about 9PM I am on my deck at BCI and I see what I think is a boat. It's steaming full bore, twords the bridge...NO running lights at all..nothing!

So, maybe as a weary 15 year old 30 years ago, I did not notice all of this stuff, but it just seems the lake is more like highway during rush hour...