View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #40
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
davescheppell wrote:"I personally like all 4 of the views, but would be OK with Satellite as the default. All of the views looked great & loaded quickly..."

I agree with all of the above. I tried out the maps on both my MacBook Pro and iPhone6, with little difference between them. Also there was almost no "load time" on either device, as all maps popped up immediately.
From some testing I've done and while driving around the lake and visiting all the gas docks, on a WiFi or any Cell connection with a good signal, the maps all seem to load fairly quickly.

The problem is that on the lake, many parts of the lake have spotty or weak cell coverage. I found when visiting most of the gas docks on the 'westerly' side of the lake that the cell signal was so weak, that I could barely even bring up the text only pages to show the current prices. When I was on the less populated north or 'easterly' side of the lake, the cell signals were good enough for a 'snappy' experience.

Thanks for these reports! I appreciate it, and I'm trying to do my best to keep this useful and easy to use from a boat.

I received a lot of thanks from the gas docks also. I was surprised at how many thought it was useful. Of course, there were a few people that had never heard of WinniGas.com, but I think most of these still use a flip style cellphone or a landline phone!