View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #17
Belmont Resident

Default sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
BR, good luck going back to Toyota. I have a 2009 Tacoma that I bought new and I am appauled with the quality of this vehicle. The only good thing is that it has 13 cupholders , I can only imagine what the design engineers where thinking.

6 months left on the lease and I am shopping for my next vehicle now and if I find it, this load is gone.

The list of issues it has had is far to long to list, but the transmissions are a bomb waiting to go off. A good friends mother is a Master Transmission Service Tech for Toyota out of NC and is flown all over the country with a team to repair new inventory Toyota's prior to sale and to train existing techs on prior sales vehicles that are anticipated to come in.

Also, look at the rear gear numbers and you will see why they are getting the MPG that they are. If you don't tow then you would be fine, but with what you have posted prior, you will not like what you read.

Broadhopper, you have the absolute worst luck with Police Officers, than any person I have had the pleasure of meeting.
That is very disappointing to hear that from a company known for quality trucks.
Someone mentioned about the rust recall. At least Toyota did something about it. All the American made trucks had and still do have rust issues. Guess what they do? Nothing.
I was actually considering keeping the troublesome Ford and looking into the Tacoma Crew 4X4 TRD version. However I would not buy it to tow other then a landscape trailer or to bring the sleds in for service.
Maybe once I sell the Baja I will reconsider another Super Duty. It just pains me to buy from a company that makes and sells less than quality vehicles then does not stand behind them. The only other options for the type of work I do with it, is Dodge. I’m still not confident they have their ***** together yet.