View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #491
RTTOOL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Again, I have to remind everyone the reason. It is a known fact that WinnFabs is planning on more laws. Specifically horsepower and length limits. When I approach Rep. Pilliod about this he said, 'Speed Limit is a good start, we have to start somewhere'. So he didn't deny it. Many of us have heard the Winnfabs folks talking to NH Lakes Association representative about more restrictive laws. I'm just trying to prevent erosion of our rights to boat on the lake. If it is about safety, then let's pass safety laws, not laws that discriminate class of boaters.

I'm all for the penalty portion of the law. And to put in our DMV records. Let's replace the 45/25 with the reasonable and prudent clause and give it some teeth like the USCG rules. This will effect all class of boaters, not just the 2%. We need to reel in the boneheads and 'cowboys'. Any speed can be unreasonable and unprudent if the condition warrants. Setting 45/25 as an arbitray limit will send the wrong signal that this is the safe speed on this lake. Even when the conditions do not warrant. Just like the 150' limit. There should also be a reasonable and prudent clause. There can be conditions when 150' can be dangerous.
there is a neighbor of mine that is on winnfab .he said to me when they get speed limit threw they are going after boat that displaces five thousand gallons water. so what dose this mean 32ft boat and larger???????