View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #447
ApS

Default Generic, again...

Re: I will respectfully again ask any SL supporter if they knowingly break the roadway SL? Yes or No? It's real easy to answer.

That's easy for this Supporter to answer: I'm on record here as doing 'way over the limit, and getting ticketed (Trinidad, Colorado). Since keeping it at "nine-over" since that 1988 occasion, lawmen have looked the other way.

Just one year later, I was a passenger in a car that nearly hurtled off a deserted Colorado roadway—above the treeline. The four of us were going about 60 on a roadway marked for 40-MPH. We were all distracted by something at the time, but my
perception "clicked-on" and alerted the driver—just in time to avoid breaking through an Armco barricade!

The Opponents here ridicule my repeated admonition to "develop, hone, and keep one's senses at-the-ready" while on the lake.

(To include perceiving, watching, but especially developing one's listening capabilities).

But the other six months a year, I'm reminded of that phrase as I move about my Florida yard. THIS Florida environment is loaded—not with Cap'n "B's"—but with scorpions!

|
|
|