View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default Paddle wheel

Yes RG it's been a good summer for finds-cool stuff, no? Outboards, steamboats...

Have not been in the CT River all summer except for June-neat things there too-wow-talk about history there-lots of guns too. The weather (rain) blows out the CT River so not much going on there this year; As for the paddle wheel, I will work on that more;

As to the carburetor reference above (thanks for the neat info on that) and them being dumped, I ran side-scan around the entire perimeter of Opechee recently scanning left/right for a total swath of 250 feet combined, and found nothing of interest. Doesn't mean there isn't anything there of interest, just that I didn't find any. A pile of carbs might show up but you need to understand the limitations of side-scan. Metal is good, but prob. covered with silt, mud etc. and scattered.

I also tried to pick up the paddle-wheel on side-scan...but nothing. Considering I had a very good idea where it was (as I surfaced after finding it to triangulate my approx. position over it vis-a-vis the shore) I couldn't do it.

As with anything wood-especially water-logged wood, I was a bit surprised I couldn't see it on SSS, but alas, no.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links