View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #161
VtSteve

And so it begins.

One point I'd like to make clear. The type of person that LaPointe is, and I strictly judge this by his behavior in the past, as well as the Judge's statements. I realize that idiots like this ruin the whole show for everyone. I also realize that having a big loud boat makes him an obvious target. But not to generalize, for every LaPointe on the water, I see many more in everyday recreational craft. Every single weekend there are boaters too numerous to count breaking all kinds of laws. Yes, at night as well.

I wouldn't have thought people could look past the obvious on LaPointe.

1) Over the limit
2) Arrogance even in the courtroom
3) Boat was aptly named No Patience
4) Numerous serious traffic infractions

One more note. For every LaPointe in a go fast on the water, I can find you a dozen or more people over the limit in cruisers as well. Maybe even a canoe or two

Yeah, I get it that big and fast don't mix with booze and drugs, and that the margin of error is slimmer. But the problem isn't with the boat. He even failed to wear a lanyard, as evidenced by where his boat ended up that night, some 160' in the woods.

Until the patrols are able to target the people and not the boats, the problems will continue. But at least they target a group I'm not in, sure does take the pressure off the rest of us.