View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #83
OCDACTIVE

I will probably get burnt.... But I had to say something..

I think there are two seperate issues here..

1. second hand smoke

2. litering.

1. I am a reformed smoker. I was always very courtious when I smoked. I would never do it around children and make sure it wasn't bothering anyone. I realize that there are many people out there who are not so attentive. But do we really need another law. I would have had no problem with someone if they simply asked "could you do that elsewhere?". Because I was always careful this never happened, but why do we need laws to speak up? If someone is smoking and it is blowing near me or my son I will ask them if they could move. 99.9% of the time they will. Are people really too afraid of a fellow beach goer to ask them to move? If they won't I will. Not going to let it spoil my day. I don't think we need laws to hide behind.

2. litering.. I am pretty sure, but aren't their laws against this already? Do we need another law on top of a law to make sure it is adhered to? Oh wait, thats right we just passed another law we are not allowed to talk about that wasn't needed.

I am not going to jump up and down crying civil liberties for smokers etc.. but I will say we need civility.......