View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #77
BAK04GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
How are they ever going to enforce this during Bike Week? I am a smoker myself, and although this law takes away a bit of my freedom, it doesn't bother me too much. Non-smokers should not be subjected to smoke, and the butts in the sand where children are playing is disgusting. When I see someone light a smoke in a park where kids are playing I want to smack them right upside the head. I don't smoke in my home or my car, ever. Smoking around children is unacceptable in my book. There is plenty of room outside to take a walk away from others and light up.

What did come to mind is the many places where smoking is prohibited and it is clearly posted i.e. Lakes Region General Hospital. However, there is many ashtrays put in place, courtesy of the hospital, and many smokers to fill them. Although they ask people not to smoke outside the hospital, many still do, and I don't ever see anyone being fined for it. I wonder if the Weirs will be another instance of this? Where it is posted that smoking is prohibited, but people still do it.

Unfortunately for smokers like myself, who are extremely courteous to others, a few bad apples have spoiled the bunch. It happens all the time. Those jerks that continuously puff away everywhere without the slightest bit of consideration for those around them. Tossing their finished butts out the window, in the lake, in the sand, or wherever...making the world their ashtray. The law is for the better, and we will all have to learn to live with it and adjust to it whether we like it or not...Just my two cents.
...The whole idea is to generate money...they want you to smoke so they can stay in business...why don't people see that...its not because people were not going there to spend money...business has been slowing because of the economy and they need a way to generate more dollars..don't let them fool you into thinking its about the health of goers...Their sitting there rubbing there hands waiting for bike week $$$$$
BAK04GT is offline   Reply With Quote