View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 04:14 AM   #55
ApS

Thumbs up Looking Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
We had a server at Giusseppe’s last summer from Romania. Spoke perfect English and was an excellent server. We chatted a little bit and she said the owner provided housing (for a fee). Sounded like a good arrangement.
That would be the US visa titled, H2B:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ker-visas.html

Visa applicants have to prove they are "firmly-grounded" in their home country, so they don't overstay and become non-taxpaying burdens.

Although the housing units appear "ticky-tacky", local governments are building "Workforce Housing" for restaurant help in South Florida—where many H2B visa-holders are from Brazil. They're also excellent English-speakers. When I asked where they honed their speaking skills, the answers were "Alf" and "Bay Watch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I'm just quoting from the previous poster's article. I was interested in the post and wanted to learn more so clicked on the link. I added the bold merely to highlight the article that was referenced said there was little fraud, not widespread fraud as suggested.
It is the previous sentence that is in agreement with ICE' deputy-director's interview quoted yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
I would rather STOP the drugs coming over the southern border (once and for all, no matter what it takes), that are polluting a huge number of otherwise decent people, aka AMERICANS, and get them straightened out and give them first dibs at all the job opportunities in this great economy before we reward people for breaking the law. Then, (hopefully), we can say good riddance to the worst opioid epidemic in the history of this country, and never have to look back at that again... THEN, after we take care of our own, we can begin to concentrate on LEGAL immigration.
China, the prime source of fentanyl—the ingredient killing most addicted Americans—has now banned its manufacture:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/01/asia/...ntl/index.html
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote