Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #110
Woody38

We didn't stay for the full week of Bike Week. I and the dogs love the rumble of the bikes. Back at home I have met several who attended bike week on the weekend but alas had to work during the week. I met one young man who won his bike in the raffle.
On another count, we always bought things when we could pay cash. So after many years seeing my F-I-L buying a car every 2 years or so after paying off the loan, I wised up. Credit allows all sorts of purchases altho we pay cash for autos. Also keep them long time, putting 1,2,3 hundred thousand miles on each. One had 330 thousand + and was replaced only because I told my wife I wanted to make it new, new paint, replacing some interior leather. No problems with the engine. We were coming home and she said "drive to the dealer". Heck, just so happened that an auto just arrived that we both loved. So we bought that and donated ours to charity.
Drove that one for open air on weekends mostly until another one entered our view. Guess what. No, the old one was not donated. Given to our son since these stay in families. I got off subject, using credit was a boon
to financial well being.

----------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote