View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 05:04 AM   #51
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
You know, this idea has crossed my mind also. I read so much about seniors on Social Security and how they cannot get by. And you’re right, it wasn’t that long ago that we faced age discrimination in the workforce.

I’m glad to see some other ideas.
Depending on the jobs we're talking about here, I find it difficult to believe that someone in their 50's+ would want to spend an hour of their life for, what, $10-12 after taxes?

I think Walmart is able to pick up greeters and other simple jobs because they're very easy and social. But running around at an ice cream counter or washing dishes, serving, etc.?

Sam, what demographic are you missing these days? Is it local kids, seasonal/foreign workers, older people? Is it a worker shortage or an inability to attract people to work?

I mention this last piece because everybody's talking about the teacher shortage in America when, in reality, there isn't a teacher shortage at all—teachers are just choosing to get out of the business because, well, (for many) it's not awesome to be in education these days. I wonder if it's the same for the food and other industries.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote