View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #14
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Here's a perfect perfect solution ....... even a small row boat with two wood oars can go out of control when just one of the oars slides down the oar lock, and moves across the water, away from the reach of the rower.

The perfect perfect solution is to pin the oars with a ss 10-24 x 3" round head screw that mounts the oar within the oar lock ....... that was too easy! .....
Interesting, I dont think I have ever used a row boat without pinned oars, but then I have only been using them since the 1960's,,,

Now I have seen row boats where the oar locks were not secured at the bottom (into the socket) and depending on the angle they were mounted, you could have a problem with the oar lock trying to ride up and out.

But then none of that has anything to do with this thread. So I propose we discuss loose change falling out of boat operators pockets and options to prevent such. Its as relevant to the new lanyard law as row boat oars and possibly more so, as an operator attempting to retrieve his/her lost change might twist/move in such a way as to unintentionally pull on the lanyard and shutdown the vessel. Would this be a helpful or dangerous application of the kill switch?
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: