View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #99
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Yes, it seems like a money pit. I would run very fast from this one, especially at $1.2 million for a seasonal camp.

Something that I also find very curious is that you mention there is not even one closet in the entire house . It almost seems to me like they did it on purpose because of the septic issue.
Economics on Squam are skewed in a couple of ways. First, prices are dramatically higher than on Winni (I know, seems impossible). So I was not surprised at the $1.2MM camp. Second, even at those higher prices, there is almost never anything for sale. If you google squam real estate at any particular point in time, you're likely to see fewer than 5 for sale on the entire lake--one in the $1-2MM range, one in the $3-5MM range, one above that. So even if you can afford it, and you find a home in your price range, there is only one of them, so you are going to be living with a serious drawback or two.

When we were in the market 5-6 years ago, just for example--There was the house I described before with 2.5 beds of septic for $1.3MM, and there was a $1.7MM teardown on land that was good but not great.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote