View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #86
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
I am a bit confused by this and have a situation that may be similar. A small (.40 acres) lot that currently gets water from lake. If I do a well it will have to be within 75 ft of my state approved 4 br septic. I was told it would not be an issue if they added a sleeve. Are you saying that although I may be able to put the well closer to the leach field than 75 ft I am in danger of losing my 4 br designation should I need to replace the septic?
That’s exactly what happened. This is a similar size lot.

The wording is, that if your septic fails, the state *might* only grant a 2 bedroom rated septic. But chances are if it had a reasonable 3-4 bedroom septic they would allow replacing it.

As mentioned above, lots of waivers are granted. Like for like systems granted etc. all the time.

It all gets fuzzy too that you might even be allowed to (re)build a 3 bedroom with a 2 bedroom septic. Or just build a 2 bedroom with a den that has closets and a bathroom. And never have an issue.

My biggest concern is resale. Because it has this ugly comment of only 125 gal/day limit which equates to a 1 bedroom.

It makes no sense to me why the septic was rated down to 125 because a of a properly installed (town approved and sleeved) well. Well company basically said “you should be good, we do things right”. So your drill guy will say you are fine.

We might be overreacting on these technical labels.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote