View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #15
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Boating on Winnipesaukee is a lot different than Newfound. If you live on an island, boat commuting is a whole new experience. Many of us have multiple boats. You may be able to telecommute, but quality of internet varies a lot.
Go to VRBO and rent a place for a couipe of weeks. Anywhere, sunset etc irrelevant. Find out what Winnipesaukee is like, then start some sort of search. You may decide another lake is for you. There are island places on Homeaway and VRBO too.
I know about the internet issues.

Speaking of internet. Does Cellular data get bogged down during peak season on Winni (Verizon)?

I think renting during prime time vs owning for a full season are completely different. I'm sure it would be helpful but it won't expose a lot of it. Like no access in Winter is a big one to us. We would occasionally come up in winter and cross country on NewFound. So that's out.

We don't mind taking a chance on an island but it's hard to judge the value on the islands. We just want to make sure we are paying "market" value. Prices might drop everywhere next year, who knows, can't forecast that (or I should say can forecast when that might happen). Holding on to what we had would have been no different than buying something else.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote