View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #17
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
4X30 is too small for a 24ft boat IMHO. You really need to go the full 40 feet which is allowed by State plus do a 6 ft wide dock. A 24ft boat is a lot of weight and you might even go for a bigger boat down the line. Do the job correct in the first place. We have used whips, etc, but the screw anchor into the lake bed with a ratchet strap to the dock plus diagonal bracing makes all the difference in the world. If you get a lot of wave/boat action, also use snubbers on the direct lines from the boat cleats to the dock. They take the shock stress off the ropes. I am a true believer in snubbers ! They really work and are worth the investment. I now have an U shaped dock and I use snubbers on aft and bow lines on both sides of the boat. Never get any shocks that rock the dock.
The law actually states that if you have under 75’ of frontage you can only have a 4’ x 24’ dock no matter the size of the lake. If less than 1000 acres and 75’ or more for frontage you can have a 6’ x 30’. Larger lakes and 75’ or more frontage gives you the 6’ x 40’ option you mention.

https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/...ents/wb-19.pdf
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote