View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #34
Reilly

Default Equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I agree that everyone is different. I disagree that everyone is equal. Some people are smarter, some people work harder, some people were raised under better circumstances. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed, and I think in America, we come as close to that ideal as possible.

Creating an artificial minimum wage does nothing but damage the economy. My grandparents, parents, uncles, brothers and I have owned small businesses through the years, and if forced to pay a high minimum wage, we would not have been successful. We're not multimillionaires, but successful small business owners who create entry level and working wage jobs for individuals willing to work hard.

Like many posters, I didn't need to know that Hermit Woods was increasing its minimum wage and passing this cost onto the consumers. I would have rather not known that an already pricey product is increasing. However, this is an excellent example of what happens when an artificial increase of the minimum wage occurs -- either the cost of the product goes up or less employees are asked to do more work.
I have to agree with u fully, I know I am off base here but I was trying to make a point that the 40 year old person trying to support 2 kids should NOT be called a loser by anyone Period
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reilly For This Useful Post: