View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #27
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I agree that everyone is different. I disagree that everyone is equal. Some people are smarter, some people work harder, some people were raised under better circumstances. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed, and I think in America, we come as close to that ideal as possible.

Creating an artificial minimum wage does nothing but damage the economy. My grandparents, parents, uncles, brothers and I have owned small businesses through the years, and if forced to pay a high minimum wage, we would not have been successful. We're not multimillionaires, but successful small business owners who create entry level and working wage jobs for individuals willing to work hard.

Bingo! Except I don't think everyone is given an equal opportunity anymore, with all due respect affirmative action and hiring based off of diversity is not equal for the people who don't fit those demographics. In my opinion it should be based off the best applicant regardless of anything but that's a different topic. No more asking for race, sex, or age etc on any applications.

The everyone is equal thought is a problem in today's society. I was taught you want something go work for it, nothings handed to you. And if you don't want it bad enough someone else will surely take it. Sure on a moral level we are all people and equal and all that junk, but when discussing business and pay a surgeon and a icecream scooper are not equal, and should not be compensated as equals.

As far as Hermit making a political statement, look how Chick-filet did after they made their homophobic comments a while back. In some states I could see that kind of transparency used as a marketing scheme.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post: