View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #75
Den65

Default Solar update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Den...Out of Curiosity please check back when the system is functional and let us know how it works. Not sure if you said it or not but does the system supply the whole house? And on day after day of clouds how much back up is there before they shutdown if that's the proper lingo?
The system was turned on Dec 17th right in the middle of the lowest sun angle but I was still making some power with the front panels best days where about 22 to 25 Kwh. Snow was an issue on the back (low pitch) but the front (12 pitch) was self cleaning. I only had to get the rake out once but once you start the avalanche it comes down real quick. Bad part is it's right in front of the garage doors and if you've cleared the driveway then you now have more to do. Weather was not the best but from the time the sun has been going up higher it has really been working with all panel going best day was 54.9 kwh, they like cold and bright. last months electric bill was$41.00 the year before it was $167.00 part of that is the Co-op $27.82 member charge which will never go away. My avg usage last year same time was 27 kwh per day. But so far so good no issues and everything is working as they said it would. Today even with the clouds it made 28 kwh.
Den65 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Den65 For This Useful Post: