Thread: pandemic
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 08:02 AM   #54
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
So you find my post disappointing. That hurts me because it’s not in my nature to ever disappoint. Should you Believe my understanding of this situation is without regard for the safety of others, please allow me the opportunity to elaborate on my position.

My parents are both in their 80s, my mother lives with multiple sclerosis, certainly an underlying condition vulnerable to the virus.. Aware of the dangers associated with my constant exposure to the public has lead me to keep my distance. That’s pretty painful because I believe she needs me now! My father has recently been admitted to the hospital for treatment of colon cancer. My siblings have all kinds of gut wrenching concerns associated with the current virus scenario. I question whether it is our position to decide for my parents their right to hug their grandchildren. My mom is going to die sooner or later, I don’t believe she should be denied the opportunity to hug her grandchildren one more time. She should be allowed the opportunity to decide whether that hug is worth the risk.
Sorry to hear about your Mom's MS. I agree she has the right to choose how to live and die on her own terms. It sounds like she has chosen no vaccine and no hugs.

My parents are also in their 80s, and we have kept our distance until recently when then got their vaccines. It's been a huge relief to know they no longer have to choose between their kids and their health. My son is on the way to spend a weekend with them, and they're all thrilled.