View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #47
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Sitting in the ultra-quiet coolness of a 2 yr old Mitsu Hyper Heat unit right now. They really are as good as everyone says. They are best when set to a temp and left at that temp. I don't think you get much advantage using a setback, but I could be wrong. They use very little electricity once they reach the set temp as the fans slow way down and just maintain that temp. I use for heat as soon as temps are above mid 30's since oil is still cheap for colder temps and the hyper heat units go through a long cycle (maybe 30 minutes) doing something to prevent ice build up, I believe. During that time, there is no heat output.
These Mitsubishi Splits are amazingly cheap to run. Last summer I installed solar panels so via an app and/or web site I can see very precisely how much electricity I am using. Right now I am running 3 units keeping the house at 73-74. The three units combined seem to add about 300-400 watts to the total consumption. They run a bit more than that when they are bringing the temp down. At 18 cents per KWH, I'm keeping my house very comfortable for 7.2 cents per hour....unbelievable.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote