View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I, too, am fighting geese. My flags have stopped working because they have figured out if one goes down or up a little, they find that spot and go over or under them. We are now trying pebbles with a sling shot. Much as I hate them, I don't want to hurt them, so the pebbles seem to scare them away-till the next time. The trouble is you have to be home every single minute to watch for them. I got one of those plastic coyotes and I think that is helping, but we have a lot of shorefront so they went to the other side where the coyote isn't and where they found a low spot in the flags. We have also sent the remote control boat out after them. The trouble is, all this scares them away but they come back. I also got an owl that hoots and turns it head on motion, but it doesn't work- it hoots and turns it's head all the time. At that rate the batteries won't last long. I hope to get a new one that works. I tried an air horn a couple of times too. We only have two adults and four babies but you would think we had thousands the amount of mess that comes from them. I hope someone can come up with a surefire solution. I can see what 6 will do, I can't imagine more. If they would just go away!!!!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote