View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

After watching the video and seeing that she was pointing to an area in front of a glass french door......Did she not look out the glass while opening the door? Or was she just trying to get a better look at it? Did she open the door to try to scare the bear away from her dog? She said they did X-Rays and a cat scan. Heck I didn't even see a bruise on her. She said she was glad it didn't have it's claws out. They always have their claws out. They are non-retractable. Maybe she was the one feeding the Bear to begin with and when it didn't like what was for supper it lashed out. Like we do with our restaurant reviews. Playing it up a bit thinks me?
Two years ago I was about 4 feet from a Black Bear standing on its hind legs behind my shed. Two cubs came around the front of the shed. I was between the mother and the cubs. The mother did nothing to me. Maybe I should have called the news and claimed I was attacked.....
BTW I don't keep any bird feeders out for the reasons mentioned. Birds do just fine in the Spring.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote