View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky's View Post
roofing season is here and many contractors including ourselves get involved with several roofing projects in the fall for obvious reasons.
One of the key things i want to point out to homeowners is to never let a so called contractor talk you into whats called a "go over" or adding a second layer of shingles to your existing roof. Good contractors will not offer that service for several reasons, first off you' ll cut the life of the new shingles nearly in half in the picture i have provided below is a roof that was done less than 10 years ago A GO OVER, by a local roofing company that has since gone out of business. However there is another roofing company local (wont mention) names many people no who this person is that still to this day will try to talk consumers into a "go over" the bottom layer that has already failed now becomes your underlayment doesn't work. this post is simply to help folks that don't no about this. the house in this picture belongs to senior citizens and in my opinion were taken advantage of. best wishes to all. hope this has helped

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3zT8qT9Uyr8Hfj603
Sky,

I agree with you...to me it make no sense whatsoever to put new roofing over old decrepit roofing for the sake of saving a few bucks.

Don’t take the responses personal, just be thankful you don’t own a restaurant and we’re trying to be helpful or promote your food😳😳. That forum is just downright mean and nasty!

Thanks for your insight!

Dan