View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

FW is over all a very good boat. I personally have a 2001 180 Horizon, which I love.... There boats tend to be heavier and wider then most, which translates into a good ride.

Having a older FW I also love the fact that I can still get many things from the dealership. I just got a brand new sundeck for my boat, directly from Four Winns.. and it was cheaper then going to a custom shop locally. In the past I have also gotten replacement canvas from them.

Now as with any boat FW have some draw backs too... One they tend to be heavier then other boats size for size. Some of the new designs waste to much space. And last in my experience seem to be prone to superficial gel coat cracking.

Last I will mention that Melvin Village does tend to be more expensive when it comes to service. No issues on the price of parts etc. as that is pretty much standard, but I find their storage costs, and hourly billing to be high repair for repair, then other shops in the area.