View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #41
Mrcrete

My 1st trip to winni with my own boat My wife is wanted to rent instead of hauling our 20' center console from Boothbay area I won and hauled up the boat w/o any mishaps yet it felt heavier than normal. I nervously launched at merideth just after passing the temporary license test at merideth marine by the skin of my teeth. Hooked up the boat to the dock and someone pointed out there was water on my floor. I thanked him and explained it's just water coming in through the scuppers. I thanked him and when he walked away I got concerned opened a floor cover and realized my billge pump was not working and I had about 14" of water from two days of heavy rain. At this point impressing my wife wasn't working out. I drove it to merideth marine where they probably regretted giving me my license. They immediately lifted it out of the water and let it pour for 30 minutes Finally we're ready. Drove to Shipley and had a great meal. Upon leaving my wife asked if I've checked the weather. I said looks great. She said there's a dark cloud, I said its nothing By the time we got to rattlesnake isl
The sky was black, lightning bolts chased us to ames farm where we anchored up, ran for shelter in there office and waited it out with or golden retriever at a non pet friendly resort. They were very nice. Not my most impressive day.
I still loved being on the lake. Now it's our favorite place to be
Mrcrete is offline   Reply With Quote