View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #147
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Where are the 20' average joe boaters going to launch thier boats? More than a few public ramps, but most are resident only and have little trailer parking. I just dont see great numbers of average joe boaters replacing anyone....

Go fast or Go slow... In this economy, I think any loss of business is bad thing.

Sunset

You make one good point... everybody does spend thier money the way they see fit! However, the business model for waterfront establishments isnt too good if your replacement plan for the lack of big $$$ spenders is to replace them with people who spend thier money elsewhere.

Woodsy
My point is that business will move from one lake's region venue to another. Some of the "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home crowd" insists that there will be a major economic hit in the lake's region due to speed limits, when in fact it may be a shifting of tourist dollars from some businesses to the benefit of others in the same tourist area. And not that I'm sayng these waterfront restaurants will do all that badly anyway...in fact I plan on using my boat more this summer and suspect the out to dinner by boat experience will be far more enjoyable. I suspect many others may feel the same way.