View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:11 PM   #39
patman

Late to the party here but a few comments-

You people are ridiculous.

If you look at the top of this thread, it’s my positive (gasp!) review of the diner. To those who say most people only publish complaints, I guess I’m an exception to the rule. Yes, I post reviews (good and bad) when I’m traveling too.

If I’m traveling, I find the best source of info is locals. I often ask checkout clerks, desk staff, store salespeople, whoever, if you were going out for a good meal where would you go? I’ve gotten some great tips that way. Yes, I look at online reviews too.

Funny how what started as a positive restaurant review in a ‘post your restaurant reviews’ forum of all places, turned into the peanut gallery clucking about the demise of a place and wasn’t it so simple what the right answer was, or some other bit of 20-20 hindsight. How is that relevant again?

To fill in the history lesson I originally left out, The couple who moved on to Sandy Point did a fantastic job (IMO) of running it as the Wolfeborough Diner for about ten years. (They sold the business to someone else in 2012/2013 I think. It did less well after that and closed a couple of years later.) So while ‘we all know how that turned out’ may be a relevant comment for their Sandy Point business, it does a huge disservice to their efforts at the diner. I ate many enjoyable meals at the diner during their tenure. Did anyone else ever eat there before commenting here?

Remember the diner? Someone should write a review of that place...if only there was a place to discuss that sort of thing...
patman is offline   Reply With Quote