Thread: Foxy Boats
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 08:22 PM   #13
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral goodie View Post
Chickie, your information is quite accurate. My father sold the dredge to Capt. Lavallee. The barge was cut into 4 sections along with all the machinery, 2000' of pipe which floated on tanks and placed on a bunch of flat cars and shipped to Lakeport and reassembled. Capt. Lavallee built the Weirs Beach with the dredge along with a few other projects. The equipment sat in disrepair for some years after that. My father bought it back from Ed; put the equipment back in shape and dredged out what is now Fays Boat Yard, Gilford Yacht Club and a few other projects. By then the state and the feds were starting to get involved with dredging operations. Life for the dredge on Lake Winnipesaukee was comming to an end. All the machinery was sold to a company on Statten Island and the barge was bought by Winnipesaukee Marine Const. in West Alton. They used it for many years but my guess is that it finaly made the burn pile. Don't know for sure. Call Patsy Scribner (the owner) 293-7768. Anything else I can help you with? Someday we got to have a long talk. We're easy to find on Mark Is. starting Memorial Day.
Are you a Goodhue? Regardless thanks for the history!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote