View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #32
Grove84

Thumbs up Responsible Navigation

When we purchased our first boat in 2000, I started of slow, I learned how to navigate the lake using the map and compass, why , the senior members of this forum recommended it. I learned never follow the boat in front of me as they may not have learned the map or the lake properly. I am now on the lake 15 years and while I am older and the boat is bigger with GPS. I still use those principles . I focused on learning one section of the lake at a time and the more I learned the more I wanted to learn about the navigational challenges and history of the big lake. The advice I learned from this site and its members have helped me a great deal, it all started with can you help me learn or understand x? We all have made our mistakes on this great
Lake but it's the learning that comes from it. The most important lessons for me is the responsibility you have as a boat captain for the people you leave the marina with and bring back , safely. Safety first , yes the boaters
Class is one of those building blocks
And one my 20 year old daughter is about to attend so she learns like her dad. Thanks to all on this forum who have helped
me learn over the past 15 years
Grove84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grove84 For This Useful Post: