View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #14
Rattletrap

Default Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
4Fun -- On a normal day I would TOTALLY agree with you, however me thinks Rattletrap simply had his "Head Down" and was simply following where ever his GPS told him to go ( see one of his original 10 threads on "How to Boat on Winni" -- one was GPS's).

So in the end --- still a "Rookie" till he shuts the GPS off and makes it all around by chart & compass.

:

Well I hate to disappoint you Phantom but.....I can honestly say the GPS on the Day Tripper is now only, and I mean only, used as a map (because it's more convenient) and compass. The Auto Guidance is no longer used I'm proud to say. This would have been evident to you had you made the trip with me from Saunders Bay to Alton Bay to 52 at the tip of Moultonborough Bay. (through the Graveyard I might add so I can say I've done it) And should I do loose the GPS as a map and a compass, the Day Tripper is also outfitted with a regular compass and my trusted maps for back up. Now that I've made a point to cover almost every part of the lake, I think I could in a pinch find my way around using just some Island land marks and the compass.

But even though I know you can't resist busting my rookie chops, I forgive you