View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
XCR-700

Was out last Sat and saw very few boats that were 150' apart unless they were tripple that distance.

That said I have NO concerns as I no where else I have ever boated that required that much space and I personally do worry if anyone comes closer to me than 150'

Its the law, but you will NEVER find me reporting someone for breaking it, sorry but its just excessive and has accomplished nothing.

Policing bad drivers will help a whole lot more than worring about 150' seperation.

Last weekend I saw more bad driving than I ever have in a single day and it was very quiet out. Had no problem getting dock space at Weirs or Wolfeboro, it was unusually quiet all day. The only detraction was the bad driving, people were way too much on the throttle pulling out of docks, running way deep into no wake zones at speed, tons of no wake speed close calls, etc. But of all that, people running at speed but inside 150' were not a problem at all as they were all in full control and I saw no issues of concern.

Learn/teach people to drive better and you will accomplish far more, but the 150' law and the "paper test" licensing law are just nonsense in my less than humbal opinion, but what do I know, I'm only accident free for 50 years,,, Maybe I'll change my opinion in the next 50 years,,, maybe,,,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: