View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #353
Argie's Wife

...If Ward hadn't come forward to confess back in 2002, - eight years ago - he probably would have gotten off, as when the officer at the scene checked the guns, it didn't appear that any had been recently fired. It sounds to me like Ward fully cooperated with the police in that incident, including admitting he was intoxicated.

Did he do the right thing? No. Firing the gun in an area like that was highly irresponsible - no doubt about it. However, he owned up to the crime, paid the price. It sounds like he could have played it cool and let it slide. After all, what police dept is going to chase down a complaint like that on Bike Week? (They'd have bigger fish to fry, I'd think...)

When Ward had the encounter he had with Harris he wasn't intoxicated (by any records I've read so far), he didn't fire the gun, and we don't know if it was loaded, even. It sounds to me like he cooperated with police.

I'd wager that in the next couple of days you're gonna see some letters to the editor flyin' in the LaDaSun in rebuttal to the article.
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: