View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
CL 240 LS

Default Second this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
I had a problem with the fuel supply tube coming out of my gas tank. The original manufacturer had put a filter screen over the intake end of the tube. Over the years sediment accumulated in the tank and would slosh around, block the intake and cause a stall. Then the sediment would settle down, the tube would open again and the cycle would start all over. Had my mechanic remove the filter screen, clean the tank and no more problem.

To me, it sounds like fuel...Please let us know the outcome.
Had a boat with same issue, after a few hour would quit like it was out of gas. Sometimes pumping the throttle kept going a little longer. After many try’s with tuneup parts and manifold gasket I pulled the gas tank. Looked at the pickup tube and screen was partially plugged and lots of debris in the bottom of tank. Ordered and installed a new tank and no more problems! The debris must have been blocking the screen on the pickup tube and starving the flow. Sometimes after waiting for a while it would start right up. I think some of the blockage was cleared after the suction was stopped. Still have a jar of that old fuel in the shed.
Hope this helps.
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote