View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #33
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Well, you have to be very surprised then LIF because I stood right beside the MP and he said the guy was making a wake and he stopped him. I actually questioned him, being very surprised that he was going to stop the guy for making that small of a wake. It was barely a ripple. And this happened more than once with this MP. I can tell you one thing, it didn't take long for the "regulars" to figure out that they better not make a wake. You can believe me or not.

It is simply inconsiderate to rock people's boats and docks and erode the shore just because you are in such a hurry while driving a boat.
Yes it is inconsiderate to produce to much of a wake when in close proximity of the shore... Believe me I am on the same page as you....

I have met and talked with many MP officers over the years, and am the first to state that they are not all created equal... In short the MP officer that made the comment you have stated now twice... clearly didn't understand the physics, that any object moving through the water is going to create a wake.... I was not trying to indicate that what you said didn't happen... I just couldn't believe that the wording would have been that way... To openly state the N0-Wake could come from a boat underway even at half a mile per hour, means the person didn't understand the physic involved....

The bottom line is that this is a grey array of law, always has been always will be.... Could different wording make things better, well... no mater what someone is always going to ready into the wording what they want too....