View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #6
Rob M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I am a Smallmouth fan first, but miss Minnesota style multi-species fishing particularly the option to catch something big & nasty like Pike. Seems like the north half is more smallmouth oriented.
So you say bigger Salmon but fewer than Winni? Wasnt expecting that.
Smallie fishing is world class from Chimney Point northward. I have actually caught 4lb smallies down in Ticonderoga frog fishing the weed mats. You can also catch big largemouth up North. Pike can be caught all over the lake.

I have stayed in Ticonderoga and spent the week catching mostly largemouth and pike, stayed at Apple Tree Resort in South Hero and can go for either Largemouth or Smallies, or stayed up in Lakewood Campground in Swanton and fished for Smallies and Largies. If you have time you can spend a night or two south and then a night of two up north and see a wide variety of fishing techniques.

Unbelievable fishery and lots of beautiful scenery. Just have to pay attention to the weather, because when the wind kicks up to 15mph or more the lake becomes like an Ocean and you have to stick to the small bays. But there are always places that are protected from the wind that you can launch at. One of the best things about the lake is the amount of good boat launches...and they are all free for the most part.
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob M For This Useful Post: