Thread: US Coast Guard
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #30
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Media

Anyone who actually believes what the media prints and what the internet says is the fact should check in at the local mental health center.

I really think the MP did a great job patrolling with what little manpower that they had, yet there are still a lot of mishaps and close mishaps during the season that should have not happen. I just notice when I put my registration sticker on the boat this year that I have actually forgot to put on last year sticker! I have been out on the lake countless of hours and I am a surprised no one notice!?!?!?! You think the wrong color would have triggered a check?

The MP is too busy for routine checks, which was common in the past. I used to get stopped for a safety check at least once a year. This did not happen in the last few years. I think it is time for the USCGA to step up to the plate and provide safety check and power boat courses which I think will go a long way to educating the public common sense and safety. The state boat certificate provided safety sense but no boating skills.

Let's stop bickering and for once get on the same track and educate those boneheads so that we can have a safe place to boat. Unless you are one of the boneheads that are afraid of being educated and caught it is for your own good.