View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #53
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktail View Post
There are noise and public disturbance stautues in place to protect public places. MP has confirmed and can enforce them.
Once you have a MP officer try and write a summons for what they would need to "enforce" it becomes a criminal complaint. That ups the ante and is why a radio being too loud can't just be some subjective criteria or it will get bounced before it ever passes go. Just the wind blowing can change how little or much you hear of a radio.

So what about the radio a property owner has on their dock that I can hear from my boat, want to nail them too? I'm hate when some guy puts the radio up too loud but I'm also willing to go ask them to turn it down. It's all in how you ask. MP has some leeway but when they cross the threshold to write a summons, they have to have articulation that is very, very hard to support in court. If they fills the courts with too many of these types of cases the judges and prosecutor won't look too kindly.

As to your other post, you said, "The best option is to call the Marine Patrol, they will respond, break up the rafts, do a safety inspection..."

So if your goal is "peace and quiet" then why the safety inspection? You've been called out and I'm calling a spade a spade. You want MP to harass anyone that doesn't do as you want. Welcome to reality

As for "rafts", sorry but they are just not that prevalent and being tied together does not equate to loud music. What you want is to limit people's ability to socialize and congregate and now you're stepping on to constitutional grounds.