View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
When you are at a sandbar please do not force the rest of us to listen to your music.
Can't tell you how many boaters were pissed at the group hanging out at the Margate sandbar with the stereo on one of the pontoon boats cranked up all day long. Several times when they thought his battery was dead a bunch of boaters started cheering.
It is one thing to play music for yourself but another to be rude and inconsiderate enough to make the rest of us have to listen to crappy music on crappy speakers.
I've had similar thoughts over the years and for that reason, I try to keep my own stereo down so as not to disturb others anchored next to me.

Last weekend, 8/19 to be exact, we were at the Margate sandbar and had the exact same situation, one pontoon boat playing music loud enough for everyone within 300 ft on either side of them to hear it clearly. I didn't think of complaining too much though since I was enjoying their choice in music but it was still loud and I felt bad for the other boaters that were closer than we were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
There was a young man that dove off the boat in less than three feet of water. Knocked out. Local rescue boat stabilized and transported to shore where he was moved to a second location for a helicopter medi-vac. Friends were 2 boats away and relayed this story. Not sure of the outcome. They stated he became concious but could not feel his lower body. Pray that it was a temporary condition......
I pray he had health insurance otherwise the rest of us are paying for his healthcare! Once again, if Common Sense had prevailed, he would've been fine!