View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #8
chipj29

Default Not all are bad!

Rattler, I am sorry that your property was damaged by what would appear to be reckless snowmobilers. I agree with the others that say a few bad apples spoil the bunch. A vast majority of us are very courteous and would never even consider intentionally damaging someones property. I also know that it is possible that after the first couple of sleds passed through your property, others not so familiar with the trails may have followed them accidentally. In the case that upthesaukee mentioned, the same thing happens to me. I have a trail right off the main trail that dead ends in my back yard. I have neglected to put up a dead end sign, so occassionally I have stray snowmobiles turning around in my yard. They are simply lost and following my own tracks. If someone had come into my yard and knowingly damamged my property, I would be peeved also. My first recourse would be to put up a sign. I too would be on the hook for the damages, but I would be sure to do what I could to avoid the situation in the future.

Now with that said, there is NO excuse for going through someones property intentionally, and causing damage.
chipj29 is offline   Reply With Quote