Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I would agree with you to a point. It is illegal to anchor overnight. So if it was past dusk then the MP has every right to have them move on their way.
It's not illegal to anchor AT night though. Maybe they were just going below for some private time before they moved on, Maybe the bugs were landing in their wine, my point is if they are not breaking the law do not hassle them and MYOB.

Rick, Look at the pictures in any boating or sailing magazine. This IS what people do with there boats.

If they are making excessive noise, littering etc, by all means call the MP but don't call to be a PIA if you only suspect their intentions are to stay overnight.

Samiam, Courtesy on both sides is needed but remember if you build your house next to a public area that has historically been used by the public for things as outrageous as drinking wine on a sailboat at dusk. You have to live with it.

I have been hassled by a land owner after anchoring maybe 200ft off there property. We just wanted to find a place out of the wind to eat lunch. No music, no swimming, no noise. They had there son drive a remote controlled boat out to us with a note taped to it saying "Go Home" Next time that boat is going to get torpedoed.

Maybe we should start calling the local PD and complain about harrasment. "Hi I am at a public park and the people next to me are harrasing me. Can you send a cruiser over to take care of them."
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote